Use the Location Bank to match these weird Canadian laws to the places they apply! You can find the answers on page 14 of the Summer 2017 issue of Kayak: Canada’s History Magazine for Kids. Bonus: Can you find these places in an atlas or an online map?
Halifax, Nova Scotia | Fredericton, New Brunswick | Souris, Manitoba | St. Paul, Alberta | Petrolia, Ontario | Sudbury, Ontario | Jasper, Alberta | All of Canada
- Where in Canada is it illegal to wear a snake?
- Where in Canada is it illegal to whistle, yell, hoot or sing between 11:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.?
- Where in Canada can’t taxi drivers wear T-shirts?
- Where in Canada can’t kids be out of their houses with a parent or guardian between midnight and 6:00 a.m.?
- Where in Canada can’t you build a snowman higher than 76.2 cm (30 inches) if you live on a street corner?
- Where in Canada is it illegal to have a siren on your bike?
- Where in Canada is it against the law to swear in public?
- Where can’t you pay for something with more than 25 loonies at once?