Vancouver, British Columbia
Author of nineteen books, recognized for his major contributions in documenting Canadian corporate and business history in an accessible way.
- 1959 Flame of Power: Intimate Profiles of Canada's Greatest Businessmen
- 1963 Renegade in Power: The Diefenbaker Years
- 1968 The Distemper of Our Times: Canadian Politics in Transition 1963–1968
- 1973 Home Country: People, Places, and Power Politics
- 1975 The Canadian Establishment — Vol. 1
- 1978 Bronfman Dynasty: The Rothschilds of the New World
- 1981 The Canadian Establishment — Vol. 2 The Acquisitors
- 1982 The Establishment Man: A Portrait of Power
- 1983 True North, Not Strong and Free: Defending the Peaceable Kingdom in the Nuclear Age
- 1985 Company of Adventurers
- 1987 Caesars of the Wilderness
- 1989 Empire of the Bay
- 1992 Canada 1892: Portrait of a Promised Land
- 1996 The Canadian Revolution: From Deference To Defiance
- 1998 Titans: How the New Canadian Establishment Seized Power
- 1998 Sometimes a Great Nation—Will Canada Belong to the 21st Century?
- 2004 Here Be Dragons: Telling Tales of People, Passion and Power(autobiography)
- 2005 The Secret Mulroney Tapes: Unguarded Confessions of a Prime Minister
- 2008 Izzy: The Passionate Life and Turbulent Times of Izzy Asper, Canada's Media Mogul
More Berton recipients
CBC Radio journalist — Bob Johnstone, honoured for his “Today in History,” radio vignettes.
The CRB Foundation won for producing its popular Heritage Minutes series, the 60-second mini-movies highlighting Canada's past, seen in theatres and on French and English television. Now known as the Historica Minutes.
Jacques Lacoursière is a prolific and renowned French-Canadian author and historian who is to Québec, what Pierre Berton is to English Canada.
James H. Gray, now deceased, was a well-known chronicler of Western Canadian history and author of such popular and accessible books as Red Lights on the Prairies, The Boy from Winnipeg and Booze.
Pierre Berton was a journalist, editor, TV personality — but most of all — historian, for transforming Canadian history into chart-topping best sellers.