Popular Media Award
Although there is no standard application form, applications should include the following:
- A biography or curriculum vitae of the nominee
- A minimum of four copies of appropriate work samples Audio/video footage (formats: CD, VHS, web download) or copies of newspaper/magazine clippings, reviews, interviews or work product
- A letter from the nominator
- Three to five letters of support for the nomination
If you need to send hardcopies relating to your submission (e.g., books, CDs/DVDs, etc.), please mail them to:
Pierre Berton Award
Bryce Hall, Main Floor
515 Portage Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2E9
If you have any questions about the submission process, please email Joel Ralph, Director of Programs.
Rules and Criteria
Eligible nominees are individuals or organizations that have helped popularize Canadian history with the written word through such means as publications, film, radio, television, theatre, voluntarism or the web.
- The nominee’s work must be of a national stature, and be publicly available to Canadian consumers in English or in French
- The work must be about actual people and events in Canadian history, or composites of events known to have happened.
- Nominees are considered on the basis of the quality of their research and their writing, and the overall contribution and impact of their work to fostering a better understanding of our past.
- Posthumous nominations will not be considered.
- Past Recipients will not be considered for a second nomination.
- Individual nominations will not be considered more than three times.
- Current Members of the Board and Advisory Council, Employees, and their immediate family will not be eligible.